Friday, July 16, 2010

Introductions - My lover

I suppose since I told you about my mother and father, I should tell you about the third, and final person in my life.

Feredir.

It's exceptionally hard for me to think back on him, but I'll do my best.

He was my first real love. Even now, through ages tainted by death and suffering unlike which you will ever experience, I can still honestly say that he was my first love. Perhaps my true love...

The short version of who he was to me is quite simple really. He was the only in the village with skills that matched my own (even if he had to cheat), and he was my mate.

The longer version is a little more complex, but I’ll stick to the important parts for now.

We grew up together, and quickly grew to hate one another. He was one of those boys who always has to be right, always has to have his way. I suppose you could say he reminded me a lot of my father.

His family had him training with the bow from the moment he could walk; they were hunters, and this was their custom. By the time I took up the bow myself, he was a lot further along in his training than I was.

Believe me when I say I made up for lost time.

It wasn’t long before the two of us were both leading the main hunting parties. And it wasn’t long before the two of us were at each other’s throats.

As I’m sure you could imagine, it took even less time for the two of us to, come together, so to speak.

Our rivalry became friendly, although it was clear that I was a far better shot than he was, even with his lovely goggles of cheating.

And I loved him.

I honestly wish I could say that I still did, but my love for him died long before I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment